Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Why

We'll quite frankly I'm the worlds biggest procratinator and I'm sick of it. I've procrastinated myself into unemployment and now have a hard time doing what I really want to do, start my own business.

Nobody, other then other procrastinators, can understand why its difficult for us to do what we really want to do. I'm sure I don't understand, but I've had enough. This blog is about me getting to grips with my procrastination and how I'm getting myself out of this rut... A bit of self reflection can't hurt, and I might even help other procrastinators with my blog. I know I'm not unique, but the severity of my procrastination must be.

As you might understand, I prefer to stay anonymous. I don't think even my wife knows about the extend of my procrastination and I surely cannot deal with my new business partners finding out about it. Come to think of it... Procrastinators Anonymous might be a good group to get started. So many distractions these days... on-line I can [and have] waste entire days reading blogs and other nonsense. I especially love to read blogs about GTD and /or other productivity tools. Kind of bizar come to think about it.

At the same time though, I know that that is NOT my problem. The problem is getting started. The angst, the fear, the strong and very uncomfortable feeling about having to do something. The only way it goes away is by doing something else, but that makes you feel bad. Your self esteem goes right down the drain, which does help you sleep longer since your energy [directly related to self esteem] goes down as well. So now you have an even better excuse, your tired. You obviously needed the sleep.....

Ohh, how sick I am of it all. The stupid blogs with tips you have read a thousand times and none seems to be able to get me out of this rut. The productivity tools that seem promising.... if you get around to getting started.

This cannot continue this way or I will surely procrastinate myself into a trailerpark [if i'm lucky] or into a life of homelessness.

Stay tuned!!!

No comments: