Tuesday, August 15, 2006

First attempt

The first thing that I will try is a bit of a mixture of various tools and tips.

Since I do waste an awefull amount of time on all sorts of non-work related surfing I will create an enviroment for myself with less distractions. So cleaned up the old desk [really wasn't up for the cleaning the entire office. That might have been overkill on the first day] and have created multiple desktops to work on with VirtueDesktops

On the main working one I've created a completely black background with [see this post] backdrop, spiritedaway and menushade. Three little tools and I've created a app in automator that opens all three up for me. Two of them I've been able to tie to that desktop but spirited away is not a program but a prefpane. No worries since it's actually a great little tool. I've left mine on 60 sec. [spiritedaway is a tool that auto-hides apps your not working on].

Writing is done in WriteRoom and now using the [10+2]*5 dash that I read on 43folders.com I managed to at least get started writing to long overdue letters and starting to redo the marketing plan.

The key that I'm trying to focus on now is to just get it done. No overthinking, no redoing or re-editing either. The way I write it will have to do for now. I just have to assume that on the other hand there is at least a semi intelligent person that understands what I'm trying to say.

It helped writing them, which I guess is a start.

No comments: